5 REASONS WHY YOU NEED WATER CONSERVATION AT YOUR MULTIFAMILY COMMUNITY:
1. Implementing a water conservation program directly affects your bottom line. Only able to bill through 75% of your property’s water bill because it’s too high? The savings created through a water conservation program like the one that Southwest Utility Solutions provides lessens that gap in common area. Billing through 75% of your water bill pre water conservation? We can get you to 95% in 30 days.
2. Consistency creates value. Rain fall showerheads do not. Implementing a water conservation program means that you are installing the same equipment in each unit. Tenants appreciate consistency (and so do investors). They both also appreciate lowered water bills.
3. Consumption in the city your community is located in is historically high. This means that your street/neighborhood competition is also probably battling high water bills. Implementing water conservation is just one more thing that would set you apart to renters- um hello low water bills!
4. Trying to satisfy a green lending program? Quite a few communities in your area are working towards satisfying either a Fannie Mae Go Green program or another multifamily green lending program. The Southwest Utility Solutions water conservation program can get you in compliance immediately with the required water conservation needs for various green lending programs.
5. You’ve done it once but you no longer feel the savings. This really sucks, right? You make a big investment in water conservation and then it doesn’t last long term. Just like any other kind of maintenance, water conservation has to be maintained. Multifamily is riddled with turnover- lots of people in and out of units and using fixtures. The Southwest Utility Solutions water conservation program includes annual maintenance. So year 1 results? Oh yeah you’re going to be enjoying those for a long time coming.
Want more information on what water conservation might look like on your multifamily community?